The immediate repercussions of the banking crisis of 2023, which began with the collapse of Silicon Valley Bank (SVB), appears to be in the rearview mirror, at least for now. However, according to minutes from the March meeting of the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC), Fed officials believe that the economy could tilt toward a recession later this year due to the freefall of the financial sector.
Silver’s CEO, Fizza Khan, together with Joe Fenech, Chief Investment Officer at GenOpp Capital Management, and Brad Caswell, Partner at Linklaters LLP, Investment Funds & Regulatory/Compliance, will be hosting a webinar called, “2023 Banking Crisis: What’s Next?”, on Tuesday, May 16, 2023, that will focus on what private fund managers can expect next from the fallout of the 2023 banking crisis. This brief educational webinar and subsequent Q&A will provide insight on the following topics:
- A brief overview of the precipitating factors that caused the banking crisis and the fallout following the collapse of SVB;
- An analysis of the financial sector’s health, particularly among regional banks;
- An evaluation of regulatory changes that could crop up as a result of the 2023 banking crisis;
- What is likely ahead as ripples from the crisis extend beyond the financial sector; and
- Tips for private fund managers on how to mitigate risks in the future.
When: Tuesday, May 16, 2023, at 1:00 pm ET / 10:00 am PT
- Fizza Khan, CEO, Silver Regulatory Associates
- Joe Fenech, Chief Investment Officer at GenOpp Capital Management
- Brad Caswell, Partner at Linklaters LLP, Investment Funds & Regulatory/Compliance