The crypto and digital asset space remains a growing and complex sector due to legal restrictions and increased regulatory uncertainty and scrutiny. Silver’s CEO, Fizza Khan, and Managing Director and Head of Regulatory Compliance, Nicholas Nunez, partnered with Thomson Reuters and West LegalEdcenter to present a continuing legal education (“CLE”) program on June 7, 2022, titled, “Crypto and Digital Assets in Private Funds: Regulatory Updates, Investment Trends and Top Considerations for Investment Managers and their Legal Counsel,” that helps private fund managers and their legal counsel better understand the following:
- The definition of Crypto/Digital Assets
- Ways in which Crypto/Digital Assets relate to the Blockchain economy
- Whether or not Crypto/Digital Assets are in fact regulated
- The battle for regulatory control between the SEC and CFTC
- Important case law, regulatory updates (such as Biden’s Executive Order) and enforcement actions
- Key Challenges
Click below to listen to the full CLE program.