2023 featured a flurry of new rules and regulations aimed at addressing concerns or inefficiencies with the practice of environmental, social, and governance (ESG) and responsible investing. In Silver’s year-end summary, we provide a non-exhaustive overview of the following key developments in the ESG regulatory landscape across the U.S., EU, and UK:
U.S. Regulatory Landscape:
- What’s the Hold Up on the SEC’s ESG Regulations?
- California Passes Landmark Climate Disclosure Laws
- SEC’s ESG Enforcement Activity Continues
- SEC Modernizes “Names Rule” – Focus on “Particular Characteristics”
- ESG Comes Under Attack by Politicians and Political Groups
- California Passes New Venture Capital Diversity Disclosure Law
EU Regulatory Landscape:
- More Updates to SFDR – and More Questions
- Introduction of the European Sustainability Reporting Standards
- EU Taxonomy Regulation: Delegated Acts Published in the Official Journal
UK Regulatory Landscape:
- UK introduces New Sustainability Disclosure Requirements (SDRs)
- Introduction of Sustainability Disclosure Standards
We have put together a comprehensive report that includes summaries of all the topics mentioned above, along with our key takeaways, which you can download below.
Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] with any questions or concerns you might have regarding anything mentioned above and how these changes might impact your firm’s ESG program.