Firm Adds Three New Hires, Increases its Client Roster by 60% and Evaluates Expansion into Puerto Rico
Silver Regulatory Associates, a premier provider of regulatory compliance, ESG and due diligence advisory services to the investment management industry, experienced an unprecedented year of growth in 2022 with the recent addition of three new compliance professionals, the expansion of the firm’s compliance and ESG service lines and a potential increased presence in Puerto Rico, one of the world’s centers for digital asset/crypto investment management.
“Our firm was built on a foundation of relentless excellence in helping our clients meet complex regulatory requirements and withstand investor scrutiny,” remarked Fizza Khan, CEO of Silver. “Despite a rather tumultuous regulatory and economic climate last year, 2022 was a pivotal period of growth and expansion for our firm across all of our core business lines. This is a result of the trust our clients put in us to effectively guide them through these difficult times. The collective experience of our new and existing compliance and ESG teams will further prepare present and future Silver clients for success.”
With regulatory scrutiny on the rise, Silver expanded its client roster by 60% to include firms with strategies focused on private equity, hedge funds, multi-strategy, venture capital and digital assets/crypto. Joining the company to help grow and advise its new and existing clients include:
- Christopher Murphy, Associate Director, Regulatory Compliance – Combining investment firm and compliance consulting experience, Murphy is working with hedge fund and private equity adviser clients with various asset classes, including less common investment mandates such as impact, real estate and crypto.
- Patrick Billie, Associate Director, Regulatory Compliance – With more than a decade of experience under his belt, including a supervisory role in the Examinations department of the National Futures Association, Billie advises and collaborates with Silver clients to support the development, implementation and execution of their compliance programs.
- Caroline Benson, Associate, Regulatory Compliance – As an experienced investment adviser compliance consultant, Benson will focus on becoming an integral part of Silver clients’ compliance teams while tailoring compliance programs to each investment firm’s specific needs. Her clients have various investment strategies and include areas of focus such as digital assets/crypto, venture and impact investment.
In addition to these new hires, Silver promoted the following individuals to help broaden the bench of senior and mid-level talent across the firm in order to continue to find unique and effective ways to solve clients’ increasingly complex business challenges:
- Benny Armstrong, Director, Regulatory Compliance – In acknowledgement of his tireless work in providing counsel to clients on the implementation, execution and maintenance of their compliance programs, Armstrong has quickly risen through the ranks of Silver since joining the firm in 2020, with his most recent promotion from Associate Director to Director, effective January 2023.
- Jarod Riedl, ESG Manager, ESG – As the ESG space continues to become an increasingly integral part of private fund managers’ investment strategy, Riedl has been instrumental in helping to build, maintain and expand ESG programs for Silver’s growing ESG client roster, working across a variety of asset classes, geographies, standards, and regulatory schemes. Recognizing his hard work, Riedl has been promoted from Senior Associate to ESG Manager, effective January 2023.
- Tyler Schoenberg, Compliance Manager, Regulatory Compliance – Since joining the firm in 2021, Schoenberg has illustrated his prowess for developing and forensically testing compliance policies and procedures and participates in the training of client employees in compliance matters. Effective January 2023, Schoenberg has been promoted from Senior Associate to Compliance Manager, where he will continue to apply his understanding of enforcement objectives and priorities to hone-in on issues material to regulators on behalf of clients.
- Henry Trinh, Associate, Regulatory Compliance – Leveraging his prior anti-money laundering experience, Trinh’s contributions in implementing, maintaining and managing compliance monitoring programs over the past year have played an important role in protecting Silver clients against the increased scrutiny of regulatory watchdogs. As such, Trinh was promoted from Analyst to Associate, effective January 2023.
“I am so proud of the dedication, hard work and leadership presented by all of my colleagues here at Silver, as we continue to put the growing needs of our clients at the forefront of everything that we do,” continued Khan. “As the regulatory compliance, ESG and digital asset/crypto landscapes become more complex due to increased regulatory oversight, Silver will continue to enhance our footprint with the expansion of our team, both internally and externally, and add to our growing client roster.”
Finally, as the digital asset/crypto industry remains in the SEC’s crosshairs in 2023, more private fund managers and investment advisory firms that trade or incorporate digital assets into a broader investment mandate are looking for guidance on how to navigate through these uncertain regulatory times. As a result, Silver is reviewing various expansion opportunities in Puerto Rico, an area known for a robust presence of digital asset/crypto asset management firms.
A minority and woman-owned business, Silver prepares private equity, venture capital, hedge fund and digital asset firms for success by providing regulatory compliance, ESG and due diligence preparation services. The company combines broad, multifaceted industry expertise and innovation savvy to align client processes with ever-evolving regulator and investor expectations without creating unmanageable complexity. Silver’s stringent, yet practical, approach reflects its roots in regulatory compliance rigor and investment firm business realities. The company is headquartered in New York with an office in Los Angeles. Additional information can be found at www.silverregulatoryassociates.com.